Date(s) - 24/04/2018 • 10:00-14:00
Industry Briefing Day on 24 April 2018
Provision of Copernicus DIAS Services and Operations ITT
The Industry Day on April 24th 2018 at EUMETSAT HQ will present the scope and essential requirements for the Provision of Copernicus DIAS Services and Operations, which will be subject of an open competitive tender action (ITT) to be initiated within Q2/2018.
This major procurement covers the implementation and operations of the EUMETSAT and Partners (ECMWF & Mercator Océan) DIAS commissioned by EC in response to the objectives of the Copernicus Integrated Ground Segment, aiming at developing innovative Copernicus services based on “big data” technologies.
The EUMETSAT and Partners DIAS is developed through collaboration between EUMETSAT, the Copernicus Atmosphere Monitoring (CAMS) and Climate Change Monitoring (C3S) Services operated by the European Centre for Medium Range Weather forecasts (ECMWF) and with the Copernicus Marine Environment Monitoring services (CMEMS) operated by Mercator Océan.
The scope of the procurement includes:
– Provision of the required operational DIAS services;
– Commercial cloud services providing elasticity;
– Computing, storage and network Infrastructure, including PoPs (Points of Presence);
– Integration/hosting, operation of Customer Furnished Items elements like tools or SW packages maintained by the Partners;
– Provision/operation of virtual environments and toolboxes;
– Web Services, web portal functions;
– System Administration & IT helpdesk support to users;
– First line User Support providing an operational link to Partners´ User Support office;
– All functions to be defined by the Contractor to ensure commercial exploitation of the EUMETSAT and Partners DIAS in line with its own Business Casetaking into account the level of the non-commercial services.
The major activities required under this procurement are:
– Preparation of the DIAS services, including migration of the users from the existing demonstrator version (DIAS V0) onto the DIAS V1;
Operation of the DIAS services including commercial exploitation taking into account the level of the non-commercial services;
– Management of User interactions, consolidation of user Feedback;
– Reporting on Service Performance, operations, users uptake;
– Implementation & Test of engineering changes;
– Preparation of DIAS V2 and subsequently V3 based on agreed changes resulting from the user feedback;
– Maintenance of an information base.
– First line User Support providing an operational link to Partners´ User Support office
Who should attend?
This Industry Day is part of the initiated procurement process in relation to the ITT in subject, therefore all industry interested in providing a bid in this domain are welcome to join. This includes – not in an exhaustive manner- technology/cloud services providers, infrastructure/cloud vendors, communication solution providers and industry in the special fields of earth observation data.
The Industry day is planned to start at 10:00 (room opens at 09:30), finishing towards 14:00. Catering arrangements for lunch will be in place.
10:00-10:15 Welcome, Introduction and Background
10:15-10:45 Overview of DIAS development and implementation logic
10:45-11:15 Coffee break
11:15-12:00 Provision of Copernicus DIAS Services and Operations: Scope and activities
12:00-12:15 EUMETSAT procurement rules for Copernicus
12:15-13:00 Q&A Session
13:00-13:45 Lunch break
13:45-14:00 Wrap-up and conclusions